Cooking – Pumpkin Gnocchi

On Thursday 28th of July MIB did cooking. We created a dish called pumpkin gnocchi. It is an Italian dish and did you know, the name comes from the Italian word for knuckle because gnocchi are a similar shape.

We cut up the pumpkin and then put it in a pot. We let the pumpkin boil on the stove in boiling water. Once it boiled, we mashed it until it was really soft and had no lumps. We mixed the mash with flour and an egg, kneaded it into a dough and cut it into small pieces. We put it in boiling hot water and once it rose the the surface of the water we knew it was cooked. Once it was all done we served and ate it with a YUMMY burst butter and sage sauce. After all that hard work it was amazing and worth doing all those dishes!ย 

By Ella

File_004

For a similar recipe visit:

Published by

Mrs O

3/4 Teacher at Grovedale West Primary School

12 thoughts on “Cooking – Pumpkin Gnocchi”

1. Thanks for this post Ella! I loved the gnocci…And the sauce was so, so, so delicious too!! Has anyone tried making this at home?

2. For the last two weeks my Thursday lunch has been your delicious pumpkin gnocchi. It’s very yummy and I definitely plan to make it at home. Thanks for sharing it with the staff and for sharing the recipe. Mr Ramage

1. I’m glad to hear you liked it Mr Ramage! I wonder what delights will come from the kitchen in the next few weeks??

3. That pumpkin gnocchi was DELICIOUS! I haven’t made it at home yet but I hope we do soon. My favourite part of it would have to be the burnt butter sauce with sage leaves, it smelt and tasted so good. I also want to know what we’re going to make in the next few weeks of cooking?

1. I am glad to hear that you liked it. Once you have a go making it at home, let us know how you go!

In the next few weeks in cooking we will be using our bountiful supply of carrots and beetroots.. I don’t want to ruin the surprise of what we will make exactly, but I’m pretty sure Mr H’s group will put a post up about what they made last week so that may give you some clues…. ๐Ÿ™‚

1. I just remembered that someone told me what we are making next week in cooking but Im not going to say it because I donโ€™t want to spoil it for everybody else on the Mipod blog

1. Hi Maya.

Yes the tortilla bread was very tasty. I was surprised at how easy it was to make. Maybe you could make some for your Dad for Fathers Day?

Mrs O ๐Ÿ™‚

2. I FINALLY made the gnocchi at home but we didn’t have any sage leaves, OH NO! We instead put vegetables with it and it tasted really nice but not as good as the one we made at school! I hope everybody liked it because I did and I definitely liked the tortilla!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

1. That’s great to hear Latina. You should get a sage plant for your garden, that way it will always be there ready for you to use. My sage plant is looking very sorry for itself at the moment – it’s looking forward to the spring sunshine I think!