Zucchini and Carrot Croquettes & Apple and Rhubarb Crumble

By Zarah & Imogenimg_1640 img_1642img_1644 img_1643 img_1645img_1646 img_1647

Recently the Mipod students have been cooking two beautiful recipes named Apple Crumble & Zucchini and Carrot Croquettes by using our wonderful Stephanie Alexander Program.

Some people liked the Croquettes because of the crunchiness and the textures. To top off the Croquettes, we made delicious homemade Apple Crumble for dessert. Most people liked the Apple Crumble the best because of the sweetness and flavour and, well, who doesn’t love desserts?  We tried to make the croquettes as golden and as crispy as possible by frying them in a little bit of oil. The students, teachers and wonderful helpers really enjoyed this recipe although we thought the zuchinni could do with a little more seasoning. The apple crumble was crunchy, golden and had lots of sweet flavours and textures and was really set off by the cinnamon.

The Mipod students learned about accuracy, cooking skills, measurements and teamwork during this session and we all enjoyed working together to achieve our goal.

After finishing the cooking the children had to clean the kitchen up. Then it was eating time! Hooray! After eating, the children made comments on whether they liked the croquettes and apple crumble or not and why.

Published by

Mr H

I am a Year 3/4 teacher at the greatest school in the world!!

4 thoughts on “Zucchini and Carrot Croquettes & Apple and Rhubarb Crumble”

1. Thanks Zarah & Immy for creating this blog post!

The croquettes were delicious – I am planning on making them next time I have friends over for tea! Yummo…. 🙂

2. I think the croquettes were delicious too. I especially like the recipe because I can use different veggies, depending on what is in season, in my garden or in my fridge!

1. I agree, the croquettes where scrumdiddlyumptious, so was the apple crumble! My favourite were the croquettes because as Mrs B said you can choose what veggies you want to use and they just tasted magnificent!